LIVING ROOM DECOR IDEAS~DECORATING YOUR LIVING AREA WITH BUDGET FRIENDLY DECOR
Welcome to my first installment of The Look For Less…Home Edition. I don’t know why I have not done this before. I do consider myself a deal seeking ninja so why this thought hasn’t crossed my mind before is beyond me. But it’s never too late.
Let me give you a quick run down of what this is all about. I find a room that I love, dissect it piece by piece and then find all of its less expensive cousins. Pretty easy, right?
My first room that I am dissecting is from one of my favorite designers, Studio McGee. If you are not following them, you need to. I am already past the following phase and I am now onto the stalking phase. Design is all about stalking, really. Shea McGee once said that she is not a budget decorator; and you can tell. Every room she designs is gorgeous and probably costs more than my own home. But it doesn’t mean you can’t design a beautiful home without having to sell a body part.
I fell in love with this room instantly. It’s feminine and casual at the same time. The furniture is kept neutral but the pillows, artwork and table lamp add in subtle pops of color. The gold accessories help to make the room feel light and pretty.
Most of what you see in this picture can be purchased from McGee and Co. If you are living on a budget just do yourself a favor and come hang out with me on the dark side (i.e. the cheap side)
Let’s do a quick run through of all the cheap cousins, shall we?
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can see my full disclosure here)
- I do not own this exact sofa from IKEA but I do own the Ektorp sofa from them. I have been happy so far with my sofa. It’s slipcovered and that is every mom’s dream. The price cannot be beat. At the time we purchased our sofa there was not an IKEA near us. We opted to have it shipped to us and while shipping was almost as much as one sofa it was well worth it.
- World Market has a great selection of chandeliers. If you play your cards right you can find a great deal when they have their lighting sales.
- Garden Stool
- Garden Stool (Very similar)
- You can see my rug round up here. I have a love/hate relationship with rugs. I love them but hate shopping for them. You are indecisive too? Good, come sit by me.
- Floor Lamp
- Coffee Table (Round)
- Coffee Table (Rectangle)
- Navy Table Lamp
- Indigo Pillow
- I own a few pillows from The Pillow Collection and have been very happy with them. They are a little bit more expensive but the quality is great.
- Pink Pillow
- This is one of IKEA’s more expensive pillows. They have a great selection of pillows including their velvet cushions that are less than $10.
- Set of three for this price=add to cart
- Blue chair
- Not pictured because I added him last minute but he’s pretty cute.
- End Table
- Faux Peony Stems
- I just purchased these from Amazon and unless you are rubbing them on your face you cannot tell they are fake.
- Vintage Print
- I am a huge believer that wall art does not need to be expensive, especially since you can “make” your own. See how I made mine here.
Designing a beautiful room does not need to be expensive, you just need to have the right stalking skills. If you need any help stalking, feel free to send me a message and I’ll be happy to find you any cheap cousins.
If you want to save this for later you can pin it here:
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE!